Help with Laptimer

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
andrew.ralston98
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Help with Laptimer

Post by andrew.ralston98 »

Hi all,

Got the GP Version last week but had difficulty remembering my password... sorted that today but I need help ASAP... like within the hour sort of speak before I got to Yas Marina Circuit :lol:

I've connected the Go pro 3+ to the laptimer with no issues... turn on the wifi to the gopro and go onto Laptimer and select the go pro... go pro turns on... Good...

However I can't get the video to come on? Should it come on? Do I record from the camera and the data will transfer?

Also for laps... it will automatically start at start finish line?

i'm like a dinosaur with this and leave it last minute haha.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Help with Laptimer

Post by Harry »

Hi,

Videos are recorded in background in parallel to data recordings. For external cams, you have some afterwork to do: you need to transfer the video from the GoPro's SD card to LapTimer and Re-Link laps recorded with it. Once this is done, you can overlay the data to the video. Details can be found in Video Documentation on http://www.gps-laptimer.de/documentation.

And yes, LapTimer starts data (and video) recording automatically. Just make sure you load Yas Marina front up. See Quick Reference within the app-it is fast to read and has everything you need for a first time use.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image