Kiwi3 connection

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
lstenniken
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Kiwi3 connection

Post by lstenniken »

Hi, I bought a Kiwi3 OBD2 adapter which works fine with Harry's Laptimer on a 2017 Pajero Sport and a 2014 Chev Cruze. However the Kiwi3 will NOT connect to my 2002 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS. It goes through all the initialising connecting etc and finishes with "error".
I have been speaking to PLX and they have asked for it back to look at it. Sent today but will take 5 days to get back to U.S.A. from Australia. Is it possible it is the Firmware as mentioned in your description. Also a "normal" scan tool works fine on the Subaru. Any ideas. Regards Lindsay
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Kiwi3 connection

Post by Harry »

Hi,

I assume there is some issue with the older Subaru's bus type (which will be different to the Pajero and Chev). I'd assume it is not a problem with the adapter but some unexpected replies the Subaru is sending to LapTimer. To find a workaround, please follow instructions in viewtopic.php?f=39&t=1500 once you have received your adapter back.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
lstenniken
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by lstenniken »

Thank you Harry, I will await the reply from PLX and the adapter back, which will take a few weeks I guess

Regards Lindsay
Mickmcd
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Mickmcd »

Hi. Is it possible to connect a Kiwi 3 and a Vbox Gps to Hlt ? I've had both shown as BTooth connected but as soon as I set off on a lap it drops the Vbox, I then have to re-start everything to re-connect, Both work fine on their own with Hlt

Regards Mick
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

In terms of BT spec and LapTimer's capabilities, this should work just like e.g. the Dual / Kiwi combination. As the VBOX operated at 20Hz uses up quite some bandwidth, you may want to try the 10 Hz rate (which is good enough for analysis).

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
lstenniken
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by lstenniken »

Kiwi3 connection issues
Hi Harry I did as you suggested by selecting the top 5 protocols from Buddy. Subaru ask for ISO 9141 for that car or ISO 14230-4 KWP (fast init). Buddy provides ISO 9141-2 and ISO 14230-4 KWP, but neither will connect with the OBD. The kiwi3 comes up but will not connect. Also we tried it on a 2002 Subaru Impreze 2.0 litre (mine is 2.5l) same result. Looks like an issue with this car. We do know that we cannot change the mapping on the car.

Any ideas, regards Lindsay
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

lstenniken wrote:Kiwi3 connection issues
Hi Harry I did as you suggested by selecting the top 5 protocols from Buddy. Subaru ask for ISO 9141 for that car or ISO 14230-4 KWP (fast init). Buddy provides ISO 9141-2 and ISO 14230-4 KWP, but neither will connect with the OBD. The kiwi3 comes up but will not connect. Also we tried it on a 2002 Subaru Impreze 2.0 litre (mine is 2.5l) same result. Looks like an issue with this car. We do know that we cannot change the mapping on the car.

Any ideas, regards Lindsay
Please contact PLX on this issue. You can forward the mail I have sent to you showing the unsuccessful protocol negotiation. They may be able to help.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image