Using for Off Road Dirt Bike Racing?

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
bmcgin
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Using for Off Road Dirt Bike Racing?

Post by bmcgin »

I am looking for something to help with off-road dirt bike racing and wondering if LapTimer might help.

I need to track to GPS location, speed and possibly lap times. The only thing is I need to transmit the data to the pit crew so they can monitor the data during the race. Also, this would be helpful during training days.

Some races are 3-hours over a course which is 8-13 miles. The rider does not need to see the data points during the race, only the pit crew.

Is any of this possible to do with LapTmer?

Brian
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Using for Off Road Dirt Bike Racing?

Post by Harry »

Full data is not transmitted to the server end online. Options available can be seen here: http://legacy.gps-laptimer.de/Online_Racing.html Doing data recording for 3 hours will require an external power supply - which can be an issue for off-road and light bikes.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
JD#969
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by JD#969 »

Hi,

I’ve have another question about the usage for Off-Road/MX.

Is it possible to Import GPS-Data wich are logged during the race or training session with an external GPS-Receiver like the Dual XGPS160.

There is a new system (app) on the market called CrossBox-Laptiming https://www.crossbox-laptiming.com/de/ wich focus on the analysis after the session not during.

Jan
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

In old times, logging while driving and analyzing data back at home has been the only option. LapTimer is prepared to support this scenario too, logging formats supported for import "after the fact" are .NMEA, .GPX, and .VBO

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by gplracerx »

Autosport Labs RaceCapture Pro and Apex have telemetry capability, assuming there's the right kind of cellphone service available at the track. The data are uploaded in real time to a web site. I don't know how well it actually works, though. They also need power from an external source, either 12V or 5V.