Synchronised GoPro overlay

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
Paul Tomb
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Synchronised GoPro overlay

Post by Paul Tomb »

Hi,
Firstly I'm sorry if the question has already been answered on the forum, I'm doing a trackday very soon and can't go through the vast documentation to find it.
I have an old Android phone with Petrolhead Edition taped inside my track car but am now thinking to get the Apple version and use my iPhone. Up until now I have been manually synchronising videos from GoPro Hero 4 Black to make overlays.
Is it possible to control the camera over WiFi from my phone (turn it on and start recording) and will the video recorded this way be automatically synchronised? Can I feed the video from the camera's SD card directly over WiFi to make an overlay on my phone or do I have to physically copy the files? (like I've been doing up until now, such a strenuous task!)
And finally, if it is possible to synchronise the video automatically over WiFi, what version of LapTimer do I need to control my GoPro? Still Petrolhead or will the Grand Prix edition give me some additional functionality? (I'm only using one camera for now)
I'm using GoPro Hero 4 Black and iPhone 8 Plus.

Thanks,
Paul
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Synchronised GoPro overlay

Post by Harry »

Remote controlling the HERO requires LapTimer's GrandPrix edition. This will start / stop etc and store sync information automatically. A transfer over WiFi is possible for short videos but not recommended. The best solution for iPhones is Apple's SD Card Lightning Reader - which allows pretty easy and very fast operation.

When purchasing the iOS version on top f your Android license you are entitled for a partial refund. Please read "Mover Support" on www.gps-laptimer.de/products for the process.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Paul Tomb
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: Synchronised GoPro overlay

Post by Paul Tomb »

Thank you very much, exactly what I wanted to know. I’ll go ahead then and purchase the Grand Prix edition.

Also good to know about the discount :)