Historic Reference Lap (Overlaid Video)

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
llan981
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Historic Reference Lap (Overlaid Video)

Post by llan981 »

Harry,

Am I correct with this assumption. I did an overlay of my reference lap which exported a video to my IPHONE camera roll. If I keep the video in my camera roll and keep the reference lap in HLT and delete all other laps, then in 2018 can I still compare this video to my newest reference video? Any other things to consider?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Historic Reference Lap (Overlaid Video)

Post by Harry »

Yes. The only item I'd suggest is to keep the raw instead of the overlaid video. The reference video can be shown including gauges any time using the real time Play function. In case the reference lap's video is added as PiP to another lap's video, it is usually better to have the raw video inserted instead of an overlaid video. At least that's what I think.

Do not forget to revert the reference lap / video link by pressing Revert in it's Lap Details in case the overlaid video is associated currently.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
llan981
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by llan981 »

Got your point. The raw video at 1040P may be 3.6G for 14 laps when the reference lap may be 300K. Is there a good way to trip the raw lap to match the reference lap?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Not really. When cutting the raw video using some external app (including Photo app), sync information will be invalid and needs to be adjusted too.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image