Laptimer with Go Pro Hero 6

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
jaytee
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Re: Laptimer with Go Pro Hero 6

Postby jaytee » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:33 pm

Hi Harry - just had an abbreviated track day at Road Atlanta, and LapTimer recognized my Hero6 and kicked off an automatic recording for the few laps I drove. I.e., it worked properly without any manual input.

Let me know if I can help with "official" Hero6 testing, or if you need additional information on my configuration.

Thanks!

Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Harry » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:54 pm

Thanks, please subscribe to the Announcements area, I will post once a beta is available.

- Harry

Image Image Image Image
cobbyboy
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Postby cobbyboy » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:04 am

jaytee wrote:Hi Harry - just had an abbreviated track day at Road Atlanta, and LapTimer recognized my Hero6 and kicked off an automatic recording for the few laps I drove. I.e., it worked properly without any manual input.

Let me know if I can help with "official" Hero6 testing, or if you need additional information on my configuration.

Thanks!

My HLT always triggers the GoPro IF it triggers itself, which is less than 50% of the time at Road Atlanta. I am using IPhone 6 Plus with Bad Elf GPS. Just curious what your setup is and what I might be doing wrong. As it stands for me, HLT is close to useless at Road Atlanta, regardless of where I mount the phone.

Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Harry » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:36 am

Make sure your device is mounted like shown in illustration #3 and 4 of LapTimer's Quick Reference. In case accuracy is still to low to catch the triggers, enlarge the detection corridor in Settings / Expert Settings / Trigger Detection / Wide Corridor. Default is 40 meters, try 80. Make sure you have loaded the correct track set too and watch LapTimer's self check (yellow or red alert in the status bar).

- Harry

Image Image Image Image

Return to “Using LapTimer”