Can I use a track with alternate configuration

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
jumbojimbo
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Can I use a track with alternate configuration

Post by jumbojimbo »

Next week I'll be running the SCCA Runoffs at Indy. The track being used is a modified version of the road course. This version doesn't match the Indy track in HLT.

https://www.scca.com/downloads/37476-in ... l/download

If I just use the existing track will I still get lap times? The s/f line is obviously correct. I assume I'll just get useless sector times but the overall lap times will still be fine?

We only get one 18 minute session per day Mon-Thu and then a race on Sunday so we don't get a lot of chances to mess with the timer/track. I'm new to HLT, have only used at 3-4 weekends. So I'm not comfortable creating a track. Although we do get to walk the track on Sunday.

Am I better off just using the existing track?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Can I use a track with alternate configuration

Post by Harry »

You can use the existing track. The disadvantage is that laps from two different configurations are mixed and things like reference lap comparison / predictive lap timing will not work any more. So the better option is to add another configuration. Please drop us a note to Tracks@gps-laptimer.de and we will check if we can add it short term.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

You can use the existing track. The disadvantage is that laps from two different configurations are mixed and things like reference lap comparison / predictive lap timing will not work any more. So the better option is to add another configuration. Please drop us a note to Tracks@gps-laptimer.de and we will check if we can add it short term.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Monika
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by Monika »

Hi,
this configuration is available for download, named "Indy GP 6a" and ID 2046.
In the app go to Administration -> Add-ons, update the list with the butto top right.
When refreshed search for Indy.

- Monika
Harry's LapTimer Team