Creating a track and POI's

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
bazza_c
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Creating a track and POI's

Post by bazza_c »

Is it possible to create a new track in the software by driving round my 'circuit' and marking the various POI's using a software button in your software, and then saving it as a track?

If not, what is the easiest way to do this?

I am in the process of trying to create a couple of open tracks, I.E those that have a separate start and finish line, and a bespoke closed circuit which isn't in general use, and therefore won't appear on your certificated list of circuits.

If this isn't something in the software, can it be added later on? Also i have in the past been using the Racelogic Performance Box, which allows me to press one of the hardware buttons while driving to 'mark' POI's which are then saved in the .vbo file as a brake trigger. This brake trigger point is then used to accurately create timing points. Can something similar be added in your software in time?

For example, if I have the lap timer software in speedo mode, there is an 'alert' software button. Could this be reconfigured to be used as a brake trigger button, which - when pressed during a run - would save the position data and be exported in the .vbo file option within the Brake Trigger channel.
I mainly use Racelogic's Vbox Tools software to analyse my exported .vbo files.

cheers

B
David.Balko
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: Creating a track and POI's

Post by David.Balko »

I have a similar question. I'm going to Palmer motorsports part, but I'm going to be driving the course in reverse direction. The existing Palmer waypoints have 3 sections that I'll be going through backwards.

I was hoping to set up the track with similar way points, but reversed for my track day. I was also hoping to do this ahead of time so I don't have to spend a few laps training the application on way points that should already exist. Can you create track way points without being at the track?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

To get a reversed track (if not available yet as a separate configuration), download the standard track set and go through all Start / Finish and Split triggers and change driving directions stored (Lap List ‣ your track ‣ Certified Track Set). Add or subtract the value 180 to the value you see in the original configuration to reverse the driving direction. It will be a good idea to rename the track in Lap List to not mix CW and CCW laps. As an alternative, send a request to Tracks@gps-laptimer.de

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
David.Balko
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by David.Balko »

Thank you

Do I need to rename the splits?
Start/Finish Start/Finish
Split 1 Split 3
Split 2 Split 2
Split 3 Split 1
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Split names are not analyzed and can be set to any name. The order of splits (sector times) is determined by the order the splits have been passed.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image