Re-linking GoPro videos

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
jaytee
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Re-linking GoPro videos

Post by jaytee »

I was at Road Atlanta last weekend and used a GoPro Hero 5 with a BT OBD interface with Grand Prix Edition v21.0.11 on an iPhone 7 Plus.

The app recorded iPhone & GoPro video automatically, my iPhone as the PiP facing inward and the GoPro as the primary. I'm trying to create overlays of my fastest lap to compare to some slower laps earlier in the day.

I followed the documentation and transferred the GoPro footage to my iPhone via iTunes. The videos appear in the video list with a red explanation point next to them. If I select the video that contains the fastest lap, it shows it local with a filename of GOPR0043.MP4 but generates the following message:
Error
Cannot find the video selected, it has probably been moved to another place, or it has been deleted. Offline videos need to be transferred and re-linked to the smartphone before accessing them.
If I start from the lap list, select the target lap, the master video has an "offline" icon. When I select it, the video has the GOPR0043.MP4 name with a different path. My only option on the bottom is the cloud download button. The video is local; selecting the "offline" icon in this screen freezes the app with the following message:
Error
Master video is not available, or misses the video or audio track. Please check Video List for alternatives or download.
How can I re-associate the videos with the laps?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Re-linking GoPro videos

Post by Harry »

Hi,

After transferring videos, you always need to Re-Link them. To do this, select the lap from Lap List, select the video placeholder showing OFFLINE and select Re-Link now. Choose the video transferred from the list and you are ready for the overlay.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
jaytee
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by jaytee »

Thanks Harry. I apologize if I have missed something obvious, but I don't have an option to re-link the video at the bottom of the screen:
No re-link option
No re-link option
IMG_1171.PNG (64.92 KiB) Viewed 1865 times
If I select the cloud download option, I get this dialog:
Cloud download
Cloud download
8037C8B2-7EC7-49FC-9B12-7BC232BB2ED2.PNG (125.18 KiB) Viewed 1865 times
If I select the "Offline" video placeholder from the screen, I get this message which can't be cleared (app freezes & must be killed):
Master file error
Master file error
5BBD8955-DE5A-4AF5-9754-09A151778F5A.PNG (121.3 KiB) Viewed 1865 times
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

The Re-Link button is shown in the place you see a Download button in your snapshot above. It looks like you have replaced the original multicam link by a link to a remote video (starting with http://). For this link type, Re-Link is not available. Instead of analyzing what exactly has been done (I believe I know) or what the backgrounds is (I'm sure I know), it is probably best to start over. Goto your lap (Lap List) and select Edit / Add Video. Select the video transferred and select the end of the lap (see instructions in the Sync dialog). In case you have the other video (OFFLINE) still associated, remove the entry.

Next time you record an external video, go through this steps:

‣ record data and video as usual using LapTimer / Video Operation / external cam
‣ transfer the video to your Photo app
‣ select a lap from the session, the OFFLINE video and Re-Link
‣ select the video from camera roll

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
jaytee
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by jaytee »

Harry wrote:The Re-Link button is shown in the place you see a Download button in your snapshot above. It looks like you have replaced the original multicam link by a link to a remote video (starting with http://). For this link type, Re-Link is not available. Instead of analyzing what exactly has been done (I believe I know) or what the backgrounds is (I'm sure I know), it is probably best to start over. Goto your lap (Lap List) and select Edit / Add Video. Select the video transferred and select the end of the lap (see instructions in the Sync dialog). In case you have the other video (OFFLINE) still associated, remove the entry.

[...]

- Harry

Thank you Harry. I was able to link them, and am experimenting on picking out the correct lap.

Can you share what you believe I did incorrectly so I don't make the same mistake going forward? Two things I can think of: 1) removing laps, such as warm up, from the same session before linking, 2) making multiple attempts to transfer the video via wifi.

I'll use the SD adapter going forward. Will it preserve the sync data so I don't have to manually align?

Regards,

Jeff
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

I assume you selected a remote video (from Video List / HERO Section) when doing a Re-Link. A Re-Link should always go to a local video, the HERO section should actually be hidden for Re-Links.
Synchronizing is never required when remote controlling a HERO through LapTimer. What actually is required is the Re-Link action.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image