Problems with video

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
Jordan
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Problems with video

Post by Jordan »

I recently tried to take a video with overlay for the first time. I did it during a loop starting and ending at my home, using a made up "track". When I finished, the video showed up in the lap data but it gave me some kind of error message about it having to be exported and resynched or something like that. Unfortunately I didn't take a screen shot. When I viewed it in the videos list sandbox section, I got the same message. So I tried copying it to my camera roll. Now, I can play the video from the camera roll but can't find any way to get it back into to Harry's for overlay integration. Here are some screen shots of what it looks like now. I don't know if any of it is related to the lap being listed as "incomplete." I had two other screen shots but I couldn't get them small enough to be accepted for upload.
Attachments
IMG_1131.PNG
IMG_1131.PNG (162.6 KiB) Viewed 1509 times
IMG_1133.PNG
IMG_1133.PNG (153.52 KiB) Viewed 1509 times
IMG_1129.PNG
IMG_1129.PNG (136.84 KiB) Viewed 1509 times
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Problems with video

Post by Harry »

The message you received is that some laps covered by one video recording cannot be overlaid as a multi lap video. Please consider this a warning that may occur if either some laps have been deleted (creating kind of a missing section in a session), when sync points have been adjusted manually, or for certain track configuration. As written before, you can usually ignore this (and I tend to remove the message completely for some future release).

In case a video associated by a lap recording is moved around manually, LapTimer cannot access the video any more and the named message will appear. To fix that again, select the lap and touch the row in Video section showing the OFFLINE Preview. Select Re-Link in the video details dialog appearing and select the video again.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Jordan
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by Jordan »

I'm at a DE this weekend and tried getting a session with video at my last session. Everything was green including obd gps track and video. However, when I came off the track there were no videos in he videos section nor any videos in the laps in analysis. I have no idea why. Any suggestions?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

You need to enable video recording (which is off be default): LapTimer ‣ Race ‣ Timer ‣ Video ‣ Video Operation

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Jordan
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by Jordan »

Yes, I had done that and selected iPhone internal camera. I did a preview and everything looked fine. Then I hit okay to go back to the main race timer screen, checked the status and saw "video" was green and thought everything was good to go.

Is there any kind of time out that would cause the video to turn off if for example the time between getting LapTimer set up to record and the actual time to get on the track were too long? I have to set it up sometimes 10 minutes before I go out because I have to have it going and then get in my car, go to grid, and wait for my session to start. Once I'm in the car I can't touch the phone; it's mounted over and behind my shoulder. Thanks.
Jordan
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by Jordan »

Don't know why but finally the video worked for my most recent session.