Automatic session time?

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
gremlin
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Automatic session time?

Post by gremlin »

I've done a variety of searching and not found a result on this, so I apologise if it was already covered. Is there some way for me to change the amount of stopped time before a new session is automatically created? I want to use the App in a car during an endurance race this weekend, and if we could automatically reset after 3 minutes of stopping it would mean we'd get a new session for each driver quite easily.

thank you
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Automatic session time?

Post by Harry »

Not sure I understand the reason for this, but there is an Expert Setting named "Same Session Pitstop (2-240s)" you may want to try.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
gremlin
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by gremlin »

So when my wife and I shared a car at a drivers ed event last week the timer didn't automatically switch sessions when the car was stopped. It just kept going recording longer laps n the middle where I can tell we changed drivers but not creating separate sessions.

In the endurance car I won't be able to mNually stop and start sessions when the car pits so I was looking for a way to automatically start a new session when the car is stationary for 3 minutes. So I could tell drivers apart

I saw the setting that you're talking about but it's already set to 2, so I assumed that was t what I was looking for as the car was clearly stopped more than 2 seconds when my wife and I switched.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

The setting defines the time between a finished lap and the next one considered a "no gap". So as long as you do not stop the timer in-between, you will not get a session split independent from this value. What actually needs to be done in pressing "Cancel" when you come back into the pits. This will remove recordings for your current lap recording. It will start again once you / your wife will pass start / finish again. The gap will allow LapTimer to recognize the session. This certainly comes at the prices of your last and your wife's first lap will be missing.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
gremlin
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by gremlin »

thank you.

Sounds like I can't do what I want. What I really want is something that when recording notices the car is stationary for some amount of time (Say 3 minutes) and at that point automatically says "This is a new session" so it's easy to see different drivers on a swap.

Since that is not currently possible (and I certainly understand that it's an edge case, and therefore not a high priority feature add) Is there a way in a set of laps to just point to one and say "Right here start a new session"

thank you.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

NB: LapTimer stops a lap automatically when standing still for 3 minutes. This means everything since the last passing of s/f to the pit position will be stored as "incomplete lap". LapTimer will start up again once you pass s/f again. Just in case you wonder what is going on...

Sessions are detected from the fixes stored. There is no flag or anything that could be manipulated manually.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image