Workflow for each track event

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
HiFiGuy
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Workflow for each track event

Post by HiFiGuy »

As a new user, I wonder if I am doing too much each session. Right now, I open the app, choose driver/car, choose track, set video preferences, and choose drive before I go on track for each session for each day. It doesn't seem logical that I need to do the first three things after opening the app after the first session, because I haven't changed venues. Am I doing work over and over that is unnecessary, or are all these steps required every time I go out for a session? I would ideally like to be able to just open the app, agree, and choose drive, as long as the orientation of the device doesn't change, and I am still on the same track. The persistence of the other choices would seem to make sense, until I change them. Also, the persistence seems logical because Lap Timer is supposedly able to identify the track based on GPS, so really I shouldn't even be choosing the track, it should know already, right?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Workflow for each track event

Post by Harry »

Yes, too much work. :-) Setting driver, selecting vehicle and downloading a track set are one time actions. In case you have multiple tracks loaded, LapTimer will switch automatically once it detects a trigger. The only action you need to repeat is enabling Video. At least in case the app is restarted (i.e. not just re-activated). This is a design decision to not generate huge amounts of "out of memory" situations.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
HiFiGuy
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: Workflow for each track event

Post by HiFiGuy »

Okay, thanks. I will try again at Roebling Road Raceway later this month. Looking forward to fewer button presses, because I don't see the details on screen well without my reading glasses, so it would be so great to set once and forget.