OBD + GoPro + HLT Overlay with iOS

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
thehoonery
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

OBD + GoPro + HLT Overlay with iOS

Post by thehoonery »

Good afternoon Harry and forum friends,
I would like to ask if it is possible to use the combination suggested in the title of this thread.

Using Iphone, one must use a wifi OBD adapter. The Iphone connects to the OBD adapter's HotSpot. To sync with GoPro, HLT must be connected to the GoPro's HotSpot. How can one sync both OBD & GoPro to HLT simultaneously?

Also, between sessions, I turn off my phone/put it on hold. Once I re-open HLT, I find that I have to prepare the race, go back out and reconnect to the OBD adapter. I'm having to re-prepare the track (data will not update when connected to OBD Wifi), and then re-sync the OBD adapter every time. Prior to using the OBD adapter/wifi, I was able to select the track once in the morning, and basically just hop in the car and everything is ready to go for the rest of the day. So I've found a way to work around this problem, but now I am unsure as to how to sync the GoPro with this.

Could you kindly point me in the right direction of this question has already been answered? Thank you and best regards.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: OBD + GoPro + HLT Overlay with iOS

Post by Harry »

Connection making using WiFi OBD adapters is complicated. Although speed can be higher that for BT (see OBDLink MX WiFi), I recommend a BT solution usually. See www.gps-laptimer.de/compatibility/ios for the details. Remote controlling an action cam plus using a WiFi OBD adapter at the same time is not possible. The only option with a WiFi OBD is to record footage manually.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
thehoonery
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: OBD + GoPro + HLT Overlay with iOS

Post by thehoonery »

nvm ok thx