OBD update rate

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
kemosabe421
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

OBD update rate

Post by kemosabe421 »

I am using a new Kiwi3 with my E36 M3.
When I check system status, "OBD Update
Rate" is red. Also have the same problem
with a 2015 Ford Mustang. How can I
resolve this problem?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: OBD update rate

Post by Harry »

The red warning mean the update rate is below 1Hz for the Kiwi - which will basically mean you do not get parameters at all. The E36 and the 2015 Mustang come with completely different bus generations, so chances are good you are facing a general configuration issue. Please add information on the smartphone you are using to get recommendations for connection making. Make sure you have no disturbing BT devices around too (especially car stereo / hand free). Finally, kill any apps accessing the Kiwi besides LapTimer. This will not work - even when the other app is sent to background (most apps are not well behaved and release resources when sent to background).

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
kemosabe421
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

kemosabe421

Post by kemosabe421 »

Thanks Harry. I am using a iPhone 7.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: OBD update rate

Post by Harry »

O.k., for the iPhone / Kiwi combo not a lot needs to be done (no pairing etc). Please look for other BT sources in the car and turn them off. And make sure you have no other apps running as written above. Revert any changes in the OBD tweaks section in LapTimer's Expert Settings. In case you do get a connection (sensor shown in Sensor List) but it does not go to 2 for the E36 or 6-8 Hz for the Mustang, follow instructions in viewtopic.php?f=39&t=1500 to debug the communication. Please start with the Mustang - it should be a lot easier.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image