Deleting old laps

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
marcel77
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Deleting old laps

Post by marcel77 »

Hi,

is there a best practice to delete all Laps of one track and of last year, without the fastest one?

Marcel
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Deleting old laps

Post by Harry »

Not directly. You can group by Session or Trackday in Lap List and delete one of the groups using the Delete List button. This at least allows a faster deletion of long lists. For the session with the fastest lap, you need to delete all but this lap manually.

As a general comment: there is little reason to delete laps. Compared to a single video, lap data is next to nothing.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
marcel77
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by marcel77 »

Hi Harry,

I have 290 (Most of it Nordschleife) Laps in LT and everything is a little bit slowly and not easy to move between the laps. The export is huge and in addition I have still problems with Garmin Glonass and Bluetooth OBD at the same time.

I have a little hope, that everything will go better, if I delete old laps. Normally it should work to export the important laps, delete all and import the important again? Or not?

Marcel
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Yes, that should work. But importing will import everything what's in the file exported. So if you want to reload selected laps, export them front up individually and import them individually later. The full export will be a backup only.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
marcel77
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by marcel77 »

yes, unterstood :-)