Importing Linked Video from Photo Library

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
Dubbedown
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Importing Linked Video from Photo Library

Post by Dubbedown »

Apologies in advance if this has been previously covered. But if I have an external video that was linked/recognized by the Lap Timer software, must I use iTunes to bring into the shared folder? Or is there a way to directly import from the photo library?

I know I can add video from photo library but then I have to manually overlay.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Importing Linked Video from Photo Library

Post by Harry »

In case you have the video sitting in Photo app, you can use Re-Link to use that video instead of one stored in LapTimer's data area. Using the SD Card Lightning reader is the fastest approach to transfer videos (to Photo Library), followed by iTunes File Sharing (to LapTimer's data area), followed by using iTunes Photo Sync (to Photo Library again). Details are available in Video Documentation.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Dubbedown
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: Importing Linked Video from Photo Library

Post by Dubbedown »

Harry wrote:In case you have the video sitting in Photo app, you can use Re-Link to use that video instead of one stored in LapTimer's data area. Using the SD Card Lightning reader is the fastest approach to transfer videos (to Photo Library), followed by iTunes File Sharing (to LapTimer's data area), followed by using iTunes Photo Sync (to Photo Library again). Details are available in Video Documentation.

- Harry
Sorry, I actually KNEW all of this and realize this must have been the 100th time you've answered this type of question. I was only confused because after copying video to photo library (actually used the Lightning to SD adapter), I went into "Video List" to make sure Lap Timer could access the video. It was in the Video List where I saw the default message "videos stored locally in photo app, overlaid videos go here, move to desktop using iTunes synchronization" and I thought this meant I still needed to use iTunes.

Thanks for your patience!