Assigning a Multicam Video to a Lap

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
dexter
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Assigning a Multicam Video to a Lap

Post by dexter »

I wanted to assign a video to a lap to create an overlay, but I am experiencing some difficulties.

I followed the instructions and went to Video List. I chose the session where I think the lap should be and pressed download. However a few moments later the GoPro 4 Black made a few beeping tones and the video stopped transferring.

In the instructions it says that if the transfer does not work, I have to delete the video file stored locally and restart the download. However, when I go back to the lap list now, the small camera icon next to the lap is missing. Does this mean that for some reason the information that there is an external video has been deleted? Is there a way to retrieve this information? Does this mean that I have to assign the end of the video manually?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Assigning a Multicam Video to a Lap

Post by Harry »

A missing cam symbol means there is no sync information available (any more). You need to add the video manually and select the sync point to make it work again. Due to the instability of the download for HERO4 cams (not sure about the 5 series), I usually discourage the download option and recommend to use the manual transfer as described in Video Documentation.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
dexter
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: Assigning a Multicam Video to a Lap

Post by dexter »

Thanks, Harry! I will copy the video first on the laptop before transfering it to Laptimer.