HLT v21.0.5 overlay of gopro video

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
habeb00
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

HLT v21.0.5 overlay of gopro video

Post by habeb00 »

Hello,

In preparation for HPDE event this weekend using an iPad-4 (IOS version 10.3.2).
I'm working through the overlay process sourced from goPro (hero4 session) video with a short test ~17seconds. Created a test track, enabled "Manual Timing" in the Administration > Settings page. Initiated test, by selecting "Race" > "Speedo" > "Start". After ~17 seconds, selected "Stop".
The lap duration was 17.42 seconds and video was 16.46 seconds at 51megs.
Move the GoPro video file into the iPad
Following the procedure from page 55 in the document (http://www.gps-laptimer.com/LapTimerDoc ... hapter.pdf), the video relink worked as expected and the video image is visible from the video "Preview" window. I then select the "Export" button, the Overlay window pops up. Select "Overlay" button and the application quits.
OverlayStep1.png
OverlayStep1.png (35.86 KiB) Viewed 1282 times
Is there a log somewhere I can review that might help determine what is causing HLT to exit?

There are other occasions, after selecting the "Overlay" button the application does nothing, I do not see the page Overlay progress page. See attached image.
OverlayProgressPage.png
OverlayProgressPage.png (126.19 KiB) Viewed 1282 times
On a side note and may be related to HLT exiting, when in the preview window, if I select "Play" it returns an error "Item cannot be played The assets tracks were loaded, but could not be made playable."
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: HLT v21.0.5 overlay of gopro video

Post by Harry »

Yes, that's a bug for the latest version when running on iPads (not iPhones, see viewtopic.php?f=39&t=1693). The next bug fix release will have that fixed. Please use the real time overlay (Play instead of Export) until the new version gets available. It is safe to use LapTimer for recording.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
habeb00
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: HLT v21.0.5 overlay of gopro video

Post by habeb00 »

Thank you for the quick response. Confirmed it works on iPhone7+ IOS 10.3.2.