Circuit Tools software

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Circuit Tools software

Post by Harry »

The GRM* file names are the placeholder stored by GrandPrix when triggering the GoPro. To get better renaming instructions, you need to transfer footage to the smartphone first and use the Re-Link operation to resolve the file name. Afterwards, a VBO export will reference the files on the Smartphone. In case you want to shortcut LapTimer, you need to go through the laps on your phone and do the math of resolving the placeholder names to actual GoPro videos. You can see the placeholder names when selecting one of the OFFLINE video previews visible in Lap Details.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Weschurch
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Weschurch »

Harry,

When I inspect the VBO file, it says (for example) that it is 66 laps. However the list of video files is only about 29 files long, and the number of lines of data are 52,477. Most of the time, the video file number in the data changes (to match the renamed video file number) about every 1,000 lines or so. However, the first video file number appears in about 14,000 lines of data. (the lines seem to increment in units of video file time of 100). I suspect that I exported multiple laps as video files at one point, but before exporting the VBO file, I went back and reverted all the videos, and then exported them one at a time. However, this seems unnecessarily tedious, and I don't think you intended the export to be used that way.

So, suggestions on the proper sequence to generate VBO file exports? (this is on an Android phone) Should I do this before generating any "export" videos (although it's really nice to have the overlaid data showing vs. what CT is displaying)? Do we need to export each lap separately, then copy the videos over to the computer folder where the VBO file will reside for access by CT? IS there another post somewhere on the forum that already explains this that I just haven't found yet?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

From my head the videos references are the ones currently active. This means if a lap has not been overlaid (or you have reverted the link), you will get a reference to the original video and sync information accordingly. In case it has been overlaid, this will be the reference. So from my point of view you have two options: export a session to .VBO before you overlay individual laps, or overlay the full session and export the .VBO afterwards. For the first case, you need to copy the raw / original video, and for the later, you need to use the overlay for the full session.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

From my head, the video references are the ones currently active. This means if a lap has not been overlaid (or you have reverted the link), you will get a reference to the original video and sync information accordingly. In case it has been overlaid, this will be the reference. So from my point of view you have two options: export a session to .VBO before you overlay individual laps, or overlay the full session and export the .VBO afterwards. For the first case, you need to copy the raw / original video, and for the later, you need to use the overlay for the full session.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image