Harrys Lap Timer on Laptop

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
ANDYS HSV GTS
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Harrys Lap Timer on Laptop

Post by ANDYS HSV GTS »

Hi guys,
I've just registered as a new member after buying the Grand Prix version of Harry's Lap Timer app for my phone. I've installed my OBDLink 11 MX in my GTS and paired it to my Galaxy S7. I've also installed OBDwiz on my Laptop so I think I'm ready to hit the track.

My first question is about the software to use on my Laptop.
Is there a Harry's Lap Timer I can install on My Laptop, or is OBDwiz the best software to use on the Laptop.

My second questions is about connecting cameras.
I understand how to use the S7 camera from the app and also have connected a borrowed Garmin Verb action cam to the app but I already have the BlackVue 650 front and rear dash cams permanently installed in my GTS and I was wondering if I could connect these cameras to Harry's Lap Timer instead of having to borrow and use the Verb camera, thus reducing the amount of cables running around to power supplies and also the amount of stuff stuck to the windscreen.
Hope this isn't a dumb question lol
Cheers Andy
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Harrys Lap Timer on Laptop

Post by Harry »

Hi,

OBDWiz might be a reasonable software to read engine data, but it is not what you need to work open track data recordings. The solution available currently is Racelogic's Circuit Tools 2. Export data from LapTimer to .VBO and CT will allow you to analyze your data.

The BlackVues are not supported and cannot be remote controlled. You can record footage manually however and add it to LapTimer for overlays later. The procedure is described in Video Documentation available from www.gps-laptimer.de/documentation. Check the last chapter (something like working with external recordings...).

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
ANDYS HSV GTS
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: Harrys Lap Timer on Laptop

Post by ANDYS HSV GTS »

Cheers Harry, I will check out that software and finish reading the external recordings. Andy