autocross pure manual

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
MrBlah
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

autocross pure manual

Post by MrBlah »

I have missed starts/stops pretty much every single event

is there any way to just use totally manual start stop and skip the start/stop point selections? I'm using a racecapture mk2 and the data looks good after the fact

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiWEKfqrGlY[/youtube]
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: autocross pure manual

Post by Harry »

Turn on Manual Timing in LapTimer's Settings. This will give you big Start and Stop buttons will be shown in Timer and Video Preview screens.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
MrBlah
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by MrBlah »

I have that, and it works but how do I get past the setup screen when I do a new autocross, it wants the start and stop positions.

also is there a chance previous autocross start/stops at the same location will cause false triggers? it seems like that's what is happening, we always autocross at the same location but the start / stop locations change every time
MrBlah
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by MrBlah »

ohh I understand, just skip using the autocross thing altogether and just go right to race, timer....

is it possible a previous start/stop will conflict?
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by gplracerx »

MrBlah wrote:I have that, and it works but how do I get past the setup screen when I do a new autocross, it wants the start and stop positions.

also is there a chance previous autocross start/stops at the same location will cause false triggers? it seems like that's what is happening, we always autocross at the same location but the start / stop locations change every time

Enter a start and stop position. It doesn't have to the real start and stop line as long as it's in the same general area. Then HLT will tell you if there are conflicting POI's and ask if you want to purge them. Do it. Then make your runs using manual start and stop and when you're done, move the Start and Stop POI's to the correct locations and recalculate. You need to do this so there's a track reference created and the laps don't go into Unspecified.

By the way, ASL says the GPS needs a half hour warmup and shouldn't be turned off at any time. It's something about downloading data from the satellites. I think Emprum had the capability to load that data from the web.
MrBlah
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by MrBlah »

I leave the rcp on all the time once I go to grid, cuz I was too lazy to find a switched power port lol

what is the POI detection range when it does a purge? Sometimes we are on the other end of the airfiled and we cross over the old start/stop points