How do you move a poi I give up.

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
cagotzmann
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

How do you move a poi I give up.

Post by cagotzmann »

Version v21.05

I am having nothing but frustration try to create a test track for testing. I can add the POI's but once they are on the map I cannot move them.

I am using the sat screen so I can see where I would like to move it.

I can see the popup of the start/stop poi and edit the data for the poi but I get 1 of 2 behaviors.

1. nothing moves
2. the whole map moves.

Next I add a split poi. Once this is on the map I cannot do anything with it. Tapping doesn't do anything at all.

How the (#*&$(* are you to use this to build your own track. :roll:
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: How do you move a poi I give up.

Post by Harry »

It is dragging an object within a scrolling view (map) and a sensible thing in general. The trick is you need to touch down on the POI, and wait a short time (half a second) before you start dragging. In case you start dragging immediately, the map is moved.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
cagotzmann
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by cagotzmann »

Ok I can now move a POI, I used a very light touch and waited. So next I would like to change the direction of a POI / Split Trigger. Nothing activates the screen to let me change it. The only POI that works is the start stop, when I tap this POI I get a pop up and then tap the (I). How do I do the same with the Split trigger points. The only way I found I could make the change is goto the lap list expand the user track and guess which split to select and then change the direction. In previous versions when I tapped the split point I could tap a pop up to change that POI.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

It should be possible to open POI details for all POIs shown in the map. In case a CallOut is shown first. Touch it to get the details. If everything else fails, goto Lap List, select the row showing "Custom Track Set" and find the split trigger in the list shown.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
cagotzmann
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by cagotzmann »

Ok I found the source of my problem. You do not get the popup to edit the split POI "IF YOU DO NOT ADD A DESCRIPTION FOR THE POI" Once I added a description it works as I except. This shouldn't be a requirement because it is not obvious you need this.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Which version are you using? The empty description topic should be fixed for some bugfix releases already...

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
cagotzmann
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by cagotzmann »

V 21.0.5 GP Edition.