Associate a video with a full session?

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
racepace
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Associate a video with a full session?

Post by racepace »

I've had some periodic trouble with my GoPro staying in sync with the iPhone and find it sometimes it doesn't stop recording between pit in/new sessions during full day enduance racing (*usually something happens to WiFi between the phone and the GoPro, doesn't appear to be something to do with the app).

What I end up with is "extended cut" GoPro videos (i.e. more than one session that ran together with a pit stop in between), however I can't figure out how to link it properly to the video synced again to the lap data on the iPhone:
1) Concatenate the 2GB chunks of the GoPro video together using MP4Box.
2) Copy the joined GoPro video up to the phone.

Thereafter, I link the video to the first lap in the session, and use the edit mode to set the sync time to the end of the first lap. When I save the change, the app asks if I want to save the sync point for just the lap or for the full session (I have been choosing full session). However, when I go to use the "Export" feature, it only shows a single lap available for export.

I've also tried to sync the GoPro video to the end of the last lap, again setting the sync point for the "session".

Neither seems to be correct. What am I doing wrong?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Associate a video with a full session?

Post by Harry »

Data / video alignment can be done for the first or the last lap - both is valid. To clarify: when selecting a lap from Lap List and pressing Export, you will get only this lap selected by default. You are aware you can extend the range of laps while in the Overlay Configuration display?

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
racepace
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by racepace »

Yes, that's how I have been generating session-long (20-30 lap videos) previously. However, I've found that if I align the videos to the end of first lap and then click "apply to session", when I go to export the session, only the first lap is available to select.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

I will check. Is the question on extending the range to the full session coming up when aligning the first lap?

Harry
Image Image Image Image