How to connect to ASL RaceCapture (the small one)

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
steved0x
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

How to connect to ASL RaceCapture (the small one)

Post by steved0x »

Hi, I am searching for information on how to connect to ASL RaceCapture (the small one from the Kickstarter campaign)

I have configured the RaceCapture as a wifi access point and I can connect to it using my Android Amazon BLU phone using wifi, and I can connect to it using the RaceCapture android app, but I can't seem to connect to it from HLT Grand Prix Edition v20.2.4

Things I have tried in HLT:

In Expert settings, I checked the box for "Use Wi-F Sensors", then I went back to Sensor list, but did not see any option for adding Wifi Sensors

I then connected to the RaceCapture from my PC and got the IP Address (192.168.4.1) and tried to connect to it using the RaceCapture expert setting for IP Address. I didn't know the port but from reading the ASL forums I believed it to be 7223 and I used that.

Now in the Sensor list HLT reports that it is connected to "ASL RCP MK2 WiFi GPS" but update rates are 0/0/0/0. When I connect to RCP from my computer it has 8 satellites so I think it is good.

Has anyone on here ever connected HLT to the new kickstarter RaceCapture over Wifi?

What are the steps to connect Wifi sensors in HLT? I haven't been able to find this documentation.

Thank you!

Steve
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: How to connect to ASL RaceCapture (the small one)

Post by Harry »

Hi,

Not possible currently. The RC device requires some additional conversation during initialization - which is not supported by LapTimer currently. I do not get the support required to close this gap currently. Actually I'm not sure how LapTimer's support for ASL's devices will look like in the future.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: How to connect to ASL RaceCapture (the small one)

Post by Harry »

We have a duplicate topic on ASL here. I will close this thread.

For an update, please follow viewtopic.php?f=8&p=21300#p21300

- Harry
Image Image Image Image