Any way to integrate Laptimer data with analog signals?

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
Cloud9...68
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Any way to integrate Laptimer data with analog signals?

Post by Cloud9...68 »

Laptimer provides fantastic information about what the car is doing at any instant on the track, and this has helped with my driving tremendously, especially after I let a pro driver run a few laps in my car with Laptimer running, allowing me to us his best lap as my reference lap. But being able to overlay my inputs, specifically throttle position, steering wheel angle, and brake pressure, over Laptimer's data would really provide a complete picture of exactly what I'm doing to make my car behave the way it does, and point out what I should be doing differently. Analog sensors of the three inputs described are readily available (the throttle position data can be obtained directly from the TPS, without the need to purchase a separate sensor for that piece of information). So my question is, is there a way to export the data from Laptimer, combine it with the data from the three analog sensors described, and replay it all? If I had something like this, I wouldn't even care about having video.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Any way to integrate Laptimer data with analog signals?

Post by Harry »

The solution available currently is RaceCapture Pro / MK II. You can connect analog and digital inputs on top of CAN.

I plan to add another solution once it becomes available, hopefully this year.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by gplracerx »

ASL has discontinued the RaceCapture Pro MkII. The new models are the Mk III and the Apex. The Apex model has dead reckoning capability, which I assume means a lower noise IMU and more processing power, an external GPS antenna and looks a lot more rugged. It's also a lot more expensive.
Cloud9...68
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by Cloud9...68 »

Thanks for the replies, but while the Racecapture products look very nice, this is moving away from the mobile-device based approach represented by Laptimer, and toward a standalone product. OK, I'll anxiously await the other solution Harry eluded to.