Dual XGPS160 Times Out between sessions

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
swbca3691
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Dual XGPS160 Times Out between sessions

Post by swbca3691 »

I recently bought a Dual XGPS160 to use with Laptimer. I found the Bluetooth connection between the Dual XGPS160 and the phone depends on having Laptimer being the active-displayed app on the phone. Apparently Laptimer has the "helper" function to enable the Bluetooth connection between the devices. On my first lap day, I found the Dual XGPS160 automatically powers off 10 minutes after Laptimer is not the active application on my phone. Bottom line, during a busy day at the track, I didn't get a single lap with Dual XGPS160 as the GPS source.

Is there a way the Laptimers "GPS Helper" function can be running when Laptimer is not the active app ? Would this require a change in Laptimer ?

Thanks
RaymondAbel
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Re: Dual XGPS160 Times Out between sessions

Post by RaymondAbel »

Allo
Same here. Beside letting it beeing plug in, I did not find any othes solution
On xgps apps, the option to let it always on is "greyed" so their is no way to make it "never" . May a firmware update..

Ray

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

LapTimer closes all sensor connections when being sent to background and reconnects when getting pulled to foreground again. This is done to save battery and not conflict with other apps. The only workaround you may try is removing the XGPS from LapTimer's management and rely on a helper app feeding GPS data into Android's location stack. Not tested (as this construction adds another component probably creating issues), but it may work. LapTimer should report the internal GPS at -0 Hz afterwards. But not recommended.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
RaymondAbel
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by RaymondAbel »

allo
this is not an HLP issue. This is XGPS160 that time out. I let the HLP & the XGPS160 connected & put them aside to see what will happend.
Well I run out Iphone batery. Matbe next xgps160 firmware update will offert a do not auto-shut off option
swbca3691
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by swbca3691 »

SOLVED: After reading RaymondAbel's post, I tested the XGPS160 when powered with a USB cable. Its hasn't time out so-far at 30 minutes. I previously wired full-time USB power in my car so I can just keep the GPS module powered all day. (Cigarette lighters on late model Audis are OFF when the ignition is OFF)
RaymondAbel
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by RaymondAbel »

Glad I helped !