LapTimer documentation

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: LapTimer documentation

Post by Harry »

Yes and No... The next button is wrong, will remove it. To get the documentation details, scroll down to "AVAILABLE DOCUMENTS" and select the area you like.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
probell
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by probell »

I to am looking for some thing I can print and reed through wile I am trying to use the app. Please post when this is available.
metro2084
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by metro2084 »

Hi,
Could you please explain what this icon with different digits to the right mean?

And 1 more question, can I use external transponder (eg MyLaps) along with LapTimer?

Thank you!
Attachments
IMG_6481.jpg
IMG_6481.jpg (43.02 KiB) Viewed 6315 times
Last edited by metro2084 on Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Number of splits recorded the lap. This should be the same for all laps of a track. A strong variance means GPS accuracy is not great or the track set has splits set in difficult positions (e.g. after corners).

Try to recalculate the splits using a "Wide" corridor: select a lap, scroll down to Data Recordings and select Tecalculate / Splits.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
metro2084
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by metro2084 »

Harry,
thanks for quick answer! What about external transponders, can they be used together with LapTimer app?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Transponders record a single time measurement per lap (or n times in case you have n transponders). GPS systems are completely different. They catch your complete drive and allow analysis of several key performance indicators along critical track sections.

In case you thought about external GPS sensors - yes, this improves everything. Please have a look into www.gps-laptimer.de/compatibility/ios.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
ANDYS HSV GTS
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by ANDYS HSV GTS »

Hey Joel, I had similar trouble when trying to view this documentation with "Internet Explorer" so I tried using "Google Chrome" and bingo it all works fine. So maybe try using a different browser to view the documentation mate. Cheers Andy
tripnut
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by tripnut »

Please can you rework you documentation on orienting an iPhone. Using a GIF that turns every second isn't helpful individual photos would be better and no cost on the internet, would also make it easy to print out.
Also can you tell me if the car orientation will work on a motorcycle. I would like to use the phone to take video and it seems that the phone needs to be in landscape mode for this and your GIF only shows the motorcycle orientation in portrait is there a reason for this, lean angle perhaps?

I bought the GP version and will be testing it out at Donington on the 12th August for a motorcycle track day. :shock:
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Illustrations change every 3 seconds. ;-)

The orientations shown are relevant to get proper acceleration recordings. They are not required for general operation, you can ignore this altogether. For motorcycles, LapTimer needs to handle the lean effect (making lateral acceleration zero). So the orientation shown is the only one supported. In case you want to record videos, mount the smartphone in video orientation. You will need to calculate acceleration from GPS for laps recorded like this: select Lap List ‣ any lap ‣ Fixes ‣ second icon in the bottom ‣ Acceleration.

Here are all images shown for step #4:
HelpVideoPresetBlack@2x.png
HelpVideoPresetBlack@2x.png (54.01 KiB) Viewed 4861 times
HelpRHTPresetBlack@2x.png
HelpRHTPresetBlack@2x.png (52.34 KiB) Viewed 4861 times
HelpMotorbikePresetBlack@2x.png
HelpMotorbikePresetBlack@2x.png (56.21 KiB) Viewed 4861 times
HelpLHTPresetBlack@2x.png
HelpLHTPresetBlack@2x.png (51.49 KiB) Viewed 4861 times
- Harry
Image Image Image Image