Feedback - a few issues

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
ysuysu
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Re: Feedback - a few issues

Post by ysuysu »

Sorry for spitting the dummy. I got really frustrated trying to explain this yesterday.

@gplracerx thanks for the tip, that's the only working solution. My problem isn't the too long sensor delays, but the exact opposite. The sensors come first, way-way early, then the video follows about 4-5s later. And that was my problem - I could only reduce the video delay by 3s, so it was still off by ~1-2s, and that is too significant to disregard.

@harry
It's nothing magic indeed, I just run out of setting space to play with. Which is what I'm trying to explain.
Thanks for the re-syncing of s/f point description, that works, even if a bit tedious.

The other video I've posted ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRFNT01E4R4 ) was recorded at 100% pure default config - I haven't even heard about the delays back then, it was my very first time out and very first time using this app. And that's how I've realised there's an issue. I've researched, and tried to set it right with the video delay only, and I could not. See the video, it's still well off.

Then I thought: since I can't reduce the video delay any more, increasing all others equally (by 1.5s) I will probably have enough to play with in the end. But it still did not line up entirely (the second video was recorded with tweaked sensor delays). So I run out of setting space on both the individual delays (hitting the top limit) and the video delay (hitting the bottom limit).

And that's when I came here to report it. And that's why I'd love to be able to set negative delay on the video.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

In case you need negative delays, the sync point recorded is wrong. Setting the sync manually is the only option you have in this case. Delays should help to get "good" recording right and not for individual fixes.

As written before, changing the sensor delays has no effect on existing recordings. This means it cannot be used to simulate negative video delays.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
ysuysu
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by ysuysu »

I understand the limitation about the sensor delays.
Read again what I wrote: I have changed the sensor delays before the last recording, and still the sync is off. No more give in the configs.

This is what I'm repeatedly trying to explain but you just keep repeating that it can't be changed after the fact. I understand. I'm not trying to.
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by gplracerx »

It's got to be an issue with your particular hardware/firmware, which I don't see listed. The default settings work too well for most people for it to be a bug in HLT. I hate this sort of problem, and I've had a few over the years. You try all the recommended solutions and none of them work. For the record, though, I assume there are no other apps running in the background and you've tried a clean reinstall of HLT.
ysuysu
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by ysuysu »

gplracerx wrote:It's got to be an issue with your particular hardware/firmware, which I don't see listed. The default settings work too well for most people for it to be a bug in HLT. I hate this sort of problem, and I've had a few over the years. You try all the recommended solutions and none of them work. For the record, though, I assume there are no other apps running in the background and you've tried a clean reinstall of HLT.
It's a galaxy S5, and of course there are other things running on it - it's a phone. God knows how many other things, though. They don't show up in the active apps, why would they.

I do not know how to "clean reinstall" - it was the first and only install.

I've spent hours configuring it, it's not exactly a straightforward thing. So if I'm to wipe all the local configs & files, I want to know that it can be fully backed up & restored.