Go Pro vid doesn't show up in lap

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
wdonovan
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Go Pro vid doesn't show up in lap

Post by wdonovan »

Sorry. Using old Go Pro and manually putting video on iphone. Latest version HLT. I know to move the video into the phone from within itunes. It shows up in the data directory for HLT. But when I start HLT on my phone and select a lap from the lap list, only the iphone vid shows up. No Go Pro video. How can I convince HLT to "see" the Go Pro cockpit video so I can overlay it?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Go Pro vid doesn't show up in lap

Post by Harry »

Please have a look into Video Documentation available on www.gps-laptimer.de/documentation. You need to a) transfer the video to the iPhone, b) verify it is visible (Video List) and c) add it to a lap from Lap List (Edit ‣ Add Video).

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
wdonovan
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by wdonovan »

Thanks Harry. I did look at the documentation and can't find out what to do if nothing shows up. I copied the go pro video to smart phone from inside itunes. I put it in the Lap Timer data place. It appears there in the video list along with the 6 iphone videos I took. Then I went on HLT app on phone and went to video list. The video appears there with a "!" next to it. When I then select any lap on the list, the only video option that appears is the iphone video, not the go pro video. The first time I ever did this, 2 videos showed up on the lap. One was the iphone video and the other was the go pro video I copied to the iphone. Now go pro vid does not show up.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

You need check the sections on adding external footage. For iOS, you goto Lap List, select a lap, press Edit and select the Add Video row. This in turn will bring up a dialog allowing to align lap data and video. It will add the video to the lap afterwards and you can play or overlay it from here.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
wdonovan
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by wdonovan »

Thank you for your patience. I found the edit button which allowed me to do that. I have made detailed notes. I had apparently discounted the edit button because it seems every other programmer employs it only to get a "delete" bar.