Can you transfer an overlaid lap video to iCloud?

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
rbpeirce
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Can you transfer an overlaid lap video to iCloud?

Post by rbpeirce »

I couldn't find this documented anywhere. I'm not sure how much space an overlaid video takes. You mention 80Mb/min for raw video. The overlaid video has to be larger but it is not clear by how much. It would be nice to be able to transfer it to iCloud and delete the raw video, freeing up space. Can this be done? If so, where is it described?

A typical lap might run 2.25" so it is going to need 180Mb plus whatever the overlay requires. Raw video for the full session, before processing, could run to 2.4G, which doesn't leave a lot of free space. Consequently, processing the interesting laps, moving them to iCloud and deleting the raw video looks like a wining way to proceed.
2012 Porsche Cayman R
2016 Audi A7
rbpeirce
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: Can you transfer an overlaid lap video to iCloud?

Post by rbpeirce »

I think I may have figured this out. I can create a shared library in iCloud and open it on my laptop. Whatever is there can be dragged and dropped elsewhere. I will have to test this real-time but it looks like it will work.
2012 Porsche Cayman R
2016 Audi A7
rbpeirce
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: Can you transfer an overlaid lap video to iCloud?

Post by rbpeirce »

Oops!! I turned something on or off. When I tested this yesterday I sent a photo and it appeared in a directory in iCloud. Now it goes into my photo library in iCloud. This may or may not be a terrible thing. I know you can only synch with the iCloud photo library over WiFi but I want to send stuff over cellular, because I don't think I can email a file that large.

So, I am back to my original, but now enhanced, question. How do you transfer an overlaid lap video to an iCloud directory over cellular?
2012 Porsche Cayman R
2016 Audi A7