Turning vid display off while recording

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
wdonovan
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Turning vid display off while recording

Post by wdonovan »

Version 20.0.17
I'm sorry. I just can't find the items that the pdf mentions. I want to shut the video display while driving to save battery. Pdf says background mode... "Press auto record button displayed in video view". I dont see how to get to video view if it doesn't start til I am driving. Obviously that's not a great time to play with the phone. When I pres video button from bottom of screen (I use Timer View), I select 2nd option (iphone) and if I press Preview I still can't find a auto record button. Can't find in settings. Are the instructions for an old version? What I am trying to do is arrive at pits to enter track with HLT ready to auto record. I can't easily make any manual adjustments once I am suited and the phone mounted. And is this something I should really need? I thought I read in the instr that not displaying video while lapping saves battery... or something. If it's no difference then I don't care. Would be nice to know how to turn it on and off in case I have a passenger who can read data of phone though.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Turning vid display off while recording

Post by Harry »

Hi,

Yes the doc is on v19, not v20. Video operation has actually been simplified and the Auto Record button has been removed. To do what you want simply press the Video button, select the 2nd option as you did and finish the dialog with Done. The cam will be active in background now and you can use Timer View while driving. To disable the cam again, return here and switch to option 1.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
wdonovan
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Re: Turning vid display off while recording

Post by wdonovan »

Thanks very much. I was able to make a "track" near my house and run the app. It works exactly as I need it to work. Looking forward to a 2 day event with the Elise on day one and the Cayman S on day 2... and HLT recording both. Cheers