Is there a way to email a lap?

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
rbpeirce
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Is there a way to email a lap?

Post by rbpeirce »

I checked the docs and couldn't find it. If it is documented, please tell me where.

I have a space problem, 3.4Gb on my iPhone and 5Gb in iCloud. With another iPhone app I have used you can select a track and email the video and all the data to your computer, allowing you to free up space for more videos. Then you can transfer it back to your iPhone to work on it or you can use a third party app on your computer if you prefer. I can't use that app with the Kiwi3 so I got HLT.

I can't figure out how to do this with HLT or if it is even possible. I can't use any of the other suggested methods of freeing up storage. Without that I am pretty much limited to data capture alone. That's still pretty good but videos of your best and worst laps can be very useful.
2012 Porsche Cayman R
2016 Audi A7
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Is there a way to email a lap?

Post by Harry »

Please have a look into the Backup and Restore FAQ here on the forum. It includes the process to send data by email (and import it again).

To email data, select a lap in Lap List and chose the Export function. The lossless format to use is .hlptrl. Please note this does not include videos. They are too big for emails and need to be transferred directly (see the FAQ again).

- Harry
Image Image Image Image