iPhone as MultiCam

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
tooheybill
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

iPhone as MultiCam

Post by tooheybill »

Great product, I've been using in various versions for a few years.

Currently seeking to connect an:
- iPhone 5 (latest iOS) running Harry's MultiCam; to
- an iPhone 5S as master (latest iOS) and latest Harry's Grand Prix.
I've followed the guidance in the Video Documentation as best I could. I notice Administration/Setting /MultiCam Control only offers options for various GoPro's and Sony cameras. Nevertheless, with Wi Fi turned off on both phones, I can establish a connection. However the process is unreliable, with roughly one in 5 connection attempts being successful.

Any thoughts welcome?

Regards
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: iPhone as MultiCam

Post by Harry »

Yes, we had several discussions on this already. The most reliable way is to turn on WiFi and BT for both devices, to tether a network on one and to connect to this WiFi with the other. The connection technology is unreliable and needs a replacement.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
kgobey
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by kgobey »

Can I do this to a iPod Touch and https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006M49G80/re ... U2EHZ0B55F the GPS for increased accuracy?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

That's off topic? You can use a late iPod touch with a XGPS for lap timing. Online functions will not be available, so please take care to load your track set before going to the track.

Harry
Image Image Image Image