Lost ability to record video using GoPro Hero4

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
Draven
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Re: Lost ability to record video using GoPro Hero4

Post by Draven »

It doesn't work well with mine either. I have iPhone 6 using gps via Bluetooth and GoPro session . It is connected then drops. I forced the hero to RC from smart and thought that would do it but nope checked after next session and nothing... :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

The GoPro HERO4 Session is not compatible with GoPro's 3rd party interface. You need to operate it manually.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

As written somewhere above, the cycling indicator means LapTimer is looking for any multi cam devices. So even if a HERO is connected, it will continue to search for further MultiCam app instances (remember: one can connect an external cam and multiple MultiCam devices for iOS). This item is no problem.

LapTimer displays "HEROxy connected" once it sees a device at the well known IP address 10.5.5.9. However, in case communication is not working as expected, it will drop the connection and start over with searching.

This means there is some issue with communication. To trouble shoot, please reset the HERO. Make sure you can connect to it using the GoPro app next. In case this works, kill the GoPro app (double tap Home and swipe the GoPro app to the top). Any other app accessing the cam needs to be killed too.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Draven
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by Draven »

Thanks Harry! Damn GoPro for not integrating the api

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cloud9...68
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by Cloud9...68 »

Harry,

Thanks, resetting the GoPro did the trick. Everything worked perfectly.