Buying iOS app after using the Androïd app, where is my stuff ?

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
Elurztac
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Buying iOS app after using the Androïd app, where is my stuff ?

Post by Elurztac »

Hello Guys,

I think i'm not the only one here to do this but still,

I have a Nexus 6 with the Grand Prix edition from Laptimer but my Kiwi3 doesn't work like expected and I don't want to fight with him soooo... I just buy the app with the iPhone 5 that i used for my work. And Kiwi3 work great with it :mrgreen:

But the fact is, i loved all the stuff i can do with my iphone (the menu at the left with ALL the app "GPS" to view how it's work, "Engine" to check if the ODB can have all the informations i want and few others step) but i'm not able to find theses thing on the iPhone app (i canno't find Map, Online stuff, etc...) sooo it's weird because for me, the iPhone app was way better than Android app (that's not for any fight here, I'm just aware that it's very difficult to maintain an app for thousands different phone but it's more easy to have a fast, stable, and powerfull app for one ecosystem. I'm android fan but i'm sure Laptimer is way better on iPhone. Last time i used it on my Nexus 6, my phone wasn't able to capture a correct video :oops: )

So here, why i create a topic for that ?
Because i'm sure i'm not the only one who want to pass from Androïd to iPhone and can get this question. I spend an hour to try to find my things but nothing work. So i hope you can help me with this :roll:
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Buying iOS app after using the Androïd app, where is my stuff ?

Post by Harry »

LapTimer used to have a long list of top level views (tab bar) in iOS for years. Over time, this list became too long and it was hard to find views - especially for new users. This is when v19 introduced the tiled style offering views by use case - prepare race, run race, analyze results, and admin stuff. Engine and GPS view are to analyze real time stuff and are sitting in LapTimer ‣ Analyze ‣ Realtime ‣ Engine / GPS / etc.

For Android, there is a drawer style selector with all top level views just like LapTimer for iOS had it. You may be used to it, but there is no matching user interface paradigm for iOS. So the tiled approach is your future. To get a fast path for tiles sitting deep in the hierarchy, tap the yellow star to get a favorite on to level. E.g. for Engine View.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Elurztac
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Re: Buying iOS app after using the Androïd app, where is my stuff ?

Post by Elurztac »

Hello Harry !

Thanks for your return, now it's good :mrgreen:
I wasn't aware that the "real-time" feature was on "analyze" option, for me "analyze" was only when i have record something, so i don't have the idea it was their. Hope i'm the only one, but for this time it wasn't "simple" or "natural" for me :mrgreen:

Now i have a Harry's Laptimer working perfectly with my car and Kiwi3, next thing is the GPS and a GoPro and let's rock 8-)