iPhone information lost. Am I able to recover it?

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
edpetry
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

iPhone information lost. Am I able to recover it?

Post by edpetry »

Hi everyone,
Newbie here. Need the help of more experienced members. I had to restore my iPhone, meaning I lost the data in my laptimer (gran prix edition). I backup my information and now want to put my cars and tracks back onto my iPhone. I am unable to find how to accomplish this (if it is possible at all).

Is it possible to recover this information or do I need to read all this manually?

Thanks in advance.
Ed
Ed Petry
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: iPhone information lost. Am I able to recover it?

Post by Harry »

How have you backup-ed your data?
Image Image Image Image
edpetry
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by edpetry »

Harry,
I used the backup option inside iTunes. I am able to see the pdb files and able to save to my HDD. I have restored the iPhone and synced the iPhone to iTunes.

Thanks for helping with this issue. Appreciate your efforts.
Ed
Ed Petry
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

When using iTunes backup and restore, LapTimer should actually be fully restored too. This includes data, video and settings. The problem is probably that the app has been started before the restore process ended. This is a critical item because restoring extends far beyond the point in time the phone can be used again - it is running in background and copying back app data step by step. Especially with videos stored in LapTimer's sandbox - this can be minutes or hours. Starting an app not fully restored creates new data which is not overridden by the restore later...

In case you have access to *all* pdb files in your backup, it can be restored as listed below:

1) Kill LapTimer and connect the iPhone to iTunes.
2) Select the phone in the top left, select Apps / File Sharing (in the bottom) / LapTimer
3) Remove all .pdb and .pdb.save files you see in iTunes
4) Copy your backup set of .pdb files to the iPhone
5) Restart LapTimer

Video can be restored the same way, settings can't.

For more information on backup / restore, please check the FAQ on viewtopic.php?f=39&t=3341

- Harry
Image Image Image Image