Can Laptimer be used without internet connection?

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
arios79
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Can Laptimer be used without internet connection?

Postby arios79 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:46 pm

Hello,

I would like to know if it is possible to use Harry Laptimer without an internet connection?

Indeed, I would like to use Harry Laptimer on an Ipad with a WIFI connection only. So does it work on a track without WIFI connection?

Regards,

Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Can Laptimer be used without internet connection?

Postby Harry » Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:29 pm

Provided you load your track definitions front up, LapTimer does not require Internet access for standard operation. Features like Hall of Fame, sharing Challenges, and Online viewing is certainly not available without Internet access. Please take care with your iPad: in case it is a WiFi only version, it has no GPS either. Please add an external GPS to iPads without GPS (or iPod touches).

Options are listed on www.gps-laptimer.de/compatibility/ios.

- Harry

Image Image Image Image
arios79
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Postby arios79 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:20 pm

Hello, thanks for the clear answer

John Dea
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Postby John Dea » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:20 pm

Provided you load your track definitions front up

Can you explain what this means?

I loaded the track and data I wanted to use at home with WiFi, then went to the track for a lapping day, the track has no public WiFi. When I tried to start a race session it kept wanting to download the track data again and when it couldn't it failed. I ended up having to create a new track, which is a PITA. How do I get around not having a data connection? Doesn't seem that should be necessary.

Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Harry » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:39 am

Like written above, it is not necessary. Load the track set at home. This will store the trigger definitions needed to start / stop laps on your phone. You can see them in Lap List as Certified Track Sets. Once at the track, just bring up Timer View and drive.

In case you purge the track set on site for some reason, or want to change configuration, you will certainly need an Internet connection again.

- Harry

Image Image Image Image

Return to “Using LapTimer”