Obd

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
Gsyk59
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Obd

Post by Gsyk59 »

[MOVED TO Using LapTimer]

I'm running v19.02.29 Petrohead on a Galaxy S5. I'm using an Obd link to Bluetooth from my MegaSquirt 3 to the phone. Everything looks fine when driving, I can see the rpm and coolant temps on the video. However when overlaying or using Dashware to edit, none of that info shows up. I can see it though on the CSV file. Any help would be much appreciated
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Obd

Post by Harry »

With the current version, you need to apply the overlay to your video. What you see during recording is a preview only, the video is store without gauges initially. To generate a new video including gauges (for distribution and analysis), please select any lap you want to overlay and scroll down to the video section. Press the "Overlay" button showing up below the video. This will start the overlay.

LapTimer v20 will allow you to watch overlaid videos instantly and will support much faster hardware accelerated overlays to. Planned for Spring 2016.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: Obd

Post by gplracerx »

Gsyk59,

You need to be sure the gauge gadget is enabled before overlaying. There are three options, None, Standard, Extended. Standard gives you basic gauges, Extended adds temperature (oil or water depending on what's available) and fuel level. I'm not sure how you get to that in Android. I think it's a scroll down instead of a swipe in iOS. I thought Extended was the default, but perhaps not.