Mounting your iPhone

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
hms
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Mounting your iPhone

Post by hms »

Mounting your iPhone

I don't know how the rest of you fare, but when it comes to mounting the iphone, I have some issues.
Some of my track days are on airfields, so I may get away with a sucker mounting to the windscreen, but I don't have a mount that allows a reasoMounting your iPhone.nable view forward. I also have to take care that I am not seen to be timing as this invalidates the Track Operators insurance, and would mean instant sending off. What do you use, how do you overcome these issues.
For the drackdays on racecircuits, there I have to comply with having everything fixed firmly to the car, no rubber suckers. I have to clamp my camera to the roll bar, iPhone in the glovebox, with the Dual XGPS on the dash. This means I cannot use the iPhone for video and have to try and synch my camera to the HLT data. Not suceeded with that yet!
My track car is an MX5 with the hood down, so it is easy to see what's inside the car. I don't fit in the car with the hood up and a helmet on, so that's not an option!

Regards
h
Black S Special goes by the name of Lexie.
JRSC M45, 189.6 bhp JR ARB's, TDR belt tensioner, Steve Heath Rose jointed drop links, Absolutely Shocks GAZ springs and dampers, Alignment by WIM