Multiple GoPro Cameras??

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
weendoggy
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Multiple GoPro Cameras??

Post by weendoggy »

I just upgraded my Android program to GP. I understand I can now link my sessions with my GoPro cameras. Question is, I currently use the GoPro remote to activate all the cameras once on track, will GP do the same? Or, will I have to dedicate one to GP and activate the others with my remote? Sounds like double duty may be in store and I wasn't looking to make things more difficult.

Is there also a link that explains how to get the overlay and video together?

The last time I used LT it didn't register anything. I was at Sonoma Raceway recently.

Thanks.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Multiple GoPro Cameras??

Post by Harry »

GoPro uses some proprietary protocol for its Remote, allowing to control more than one cam at a time. For smartphones it is not possible to connect to two cams at a time - at least not until they support this with their firmware. This by the way is the reason you need to select the network type on your HERO between RC and App.

Connection making (and everything else on video recording) is described in Video Documentation available from www.gps-laptimer.de/documentation

In case LapTimer doesn't trigger, please check GPS reception and make sure you have the Track Set loaded. LapTimer checks this itself and will bring up a red alert. Touch it to get a description what is wrong and how to resolve the issue.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
micblom
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by micblom »

Is there any news to this?

Scenario:
iPhone 7 Plus as Master
Dual XGPS 160
GoPro Hero 5 BE as Front Camera
GoPro Session as Rear Camera

Can both cameras be triggered to start with my BTG POI?

Thanks
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

No, and it is not likely this will happen soon.
GoPro closed their developer program, so access to new features is very limited again.
Please operate the second cam manually.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
micblom
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by micblom »

Okay, thanks for the insight. The only drawback is the manual synchronization - however I am more safe against connection failures if I operate the front camera manually.