How do analyse laps off the phone? and other Qs

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
alexbc
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

How do analyse laps off the phone? and other Qs

Post by alexbc »

I've been using Lap Timer for a cpl of years and have some newbie questions!

I have the Petrolhead version and have used it across 3 iPhones. I have the following questions:

1. How do I analyse the laps/data off the phone? Like on my laptop or at least iPad... phone screen is too small.
2. What's the easiest way to transfer all of the laps to one phone?
3. How do I keep some videos and transfer all to one phone while deleting others? I only have 5GB iCloud, and 20GB videos

Thanks
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: How do analyse laps off the phone? and other Qs

Post by Harry »

You can transfer lap data to other iOS device by exporting it to the hlptrl format from one device and import it on another. Export is available from the bottom of Lap List or from each lap's details view. Import is done by tapping the attachment in a mail received.

For analysis on a desktop, please use vbo export and open it in Racelogic's free Circuit Tools 2

For video transfer I recommend to use iTunes File Sharing in general. Connect you iOS device to the desktop computer, start iTunes, select the device, select apps, scroll down to File Sharing, select LapTimer. Videos show a .mp4 or .mov extension. Move them in and out as required. As long as you do not rename them, LapTimer will be able to recover the link for a video moved out and back in, or even for laps transferred between devices.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
Stummel
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Stummel »

Latest Petrolhead on Android.

Export data is only possible in csv hlptrl and kml format.

vbo ist not available.

I do not have video data, just want to analyse GPS data in Circuit Tools or similar.

Do I need to upgrade or could there be another issue?

TIA
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hi,

VBO is not limited to specific editions, it is supported for Petrolhead. There a is special selection criteria for VBO (and the GPX and NMEA) format: content is considered a logger's output, which means that the scope selected needs to be continuous. Example: in case you select "Track" as the scope, LapTimer will export any lap from any day into an export. As laps are probably from separate track days, data is not continuous and VBO will be disabled (CSV, HLPTR, KML allow non continuous data). To work around, select any lap from the session you want to analyze from Lap List. Select Export from the options menu, select "Session" as the scope. This will select all laps in the same session like the lap selected, this data will be continuous by definition and VBO will be available.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image