IOS Upgrade to next 8.x version

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
llan981
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

IOS Upgrade to next 8.x version

Post by llan981 »

Harry,

May I suggest a thread that informs your users if there were any known conditions for IOS upgrade. I am currently on IOS8.3 that is solid but have a track event this weekend and not sure if I want to take leap and go to IOS 8.4. Is it fully compatible?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: IOS Upgrade to next 8.x version

Post by Harry »

I have not seen issues so far and it works fine for me.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
carramrod
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by carramrod »

I had to re-pair all my Bluetooth devices to get them to be completely stable, but otherwise I haven't seen any issues.
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by gplracerx »

I can't get a stable connection to the Apple servers to upgrade iOS, or iTunes on my computer.
carramrod
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by carramrod »

gplracerx wrote:I can't get a stable connection to the Apple servers to upgrade iOS, or iTunes on my computer.
Strange, worked day 1 for me and my wife. No problems.
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by gplracerx »

Unfortunately, I didn't do it on day one. I only started to try two days ago when there was a new version of iTunes. Maybe Apple Music is being used more than Apple planned. I just tried to update Quicktime again and it's stalled at 1.2MB of a 27.17MB download. And that 1.2MB came in at about dialup speed.

Edit: I made the mistake of trying to update directly over WiFi. Now it won't boot. I can put it in iTunes connect mode, but it still needs to update the OS even to do a factory reset, which is, of course, the problem in the first place.
rscliofan
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by rscliofan »

carramrod wrote:I had to re-pair all my Bluetooth devices to get them to be completely stable, but otherwise I haven't seen any issues.
There has been quite a large change to Bluetooth under iOS 8.3/8.4
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by gplracerx »

I had to take my phone to the local Apple store to get it restored. It wouldn't update, so I lost all the stored videos. Once the OS was installed, restoring from the iTunes backup restored all the HLT data. I did have it drop the bluetooth connection to the XGPS160 this weekend, but only once.