Export to PDF

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
john0990
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Export to PDF

Post by john0990 »

I'm running LapTimer v13.0 build Feb 27, 2011 13:25:56.
When attempting to export my lap data, the Adobe PDF option was disabled. Someone told me I might need LapTimer Pro, so I purchased the "Professional Features" Add-On but the Adobe PDF option in Export is still disabled.
Maybe my Professional Features are still not applied?
Or is there some other way to enable Adobe PDF option?
Thanks in advance...
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Export to PDF

Post by Harry »

Hi John,

PDF export is available from the Data Recording View only. Please goto 'Lap List', select the lap you want to export, bringing you to 'Lap Details'. Press 'Track' now and zoom to the area you want to export. Press the small Wrench in the top left of the screen, and press the 'Export' button here. Now you find yourself in the Export View again, but this time Adobe PDF is enabled.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Chad-1stgen
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by Chad-1stgen »

Thanks for this post. I followed your instructions Harry and got my PDF. However, when I open it on my computer it's HUGE. At 100% setting in my pdf reader I can see 10% of the track. If I zoom out then I can' read the MPH amounts. Any advice? I had wanted to upload the file as a picture and share with folks online but its too big with too small of font.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

The fonts are probably too small for normal tracks. I've tested this export most of the time with Nürburgring Nordschleife which simply requires small fonts to get everything on one page. I'll check in a future version. Please try the Google Earth export. It is better maintained and is pretty nice once you hide the information you do not want to see (e. g. the Accuracy bubbles and the individual fixes).

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Chad-1stgen
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by Chad-1stgen »

Thanks Harry. The Google view was on my todo list for this morning. I don't know how to do it and am googling but in case I can't find it can you tell me how to do it?

Thanks again and great idea on this forum!

EDIT: Nevermind. Figured it out. Downloaded the google earth program and used the KML file from the export. Man this app is fun.
Last edited by Chad-1stgen on Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hi,

Just install Google Earth (http://www.google.com/earth/index.html), and export a lap from LapTimer using the KML format. Open the KML file in Google Earth, that's it.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
sylvain007
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by sylvain007 »

And it works super well! So easy to do... Export and open... Thanks to harry
Samson518
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Samson518 »

Is Google Earth and using the KML format still the preferred solution? I just tried to export a PDF map image and it cannot be printed out for review. Sizing issues. (I'm running the current/newest version of the software)
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

From my experience - yes. I have never used PDF exports from Google Earth however, using a bitmap format at least is fine. It will probably depend on Windows / MacOS X too. The Windows version is a lot better maintained than the MacOS X version, but MacOS X has PDF handling included for decades and is stronger in handling this. So in case PDF doesn't work, try the bit options.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Samson518
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Samson518 »

Apologies if my post was a bit confusing; meant a direct export from the application of the map image with the data overlay in PDF format. Wanted to be able to review a hardcopy.