newbie - lost on a couple of points

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
piken2
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

newbie - lost on a couple of points

Post by piken2 »

Android/Petrolhead/current version

1. Creating a new test track "To Work"

New Track. Start driving. Then Go to lap list. Add a couple of
triggers via map, GO - Stop, etc.

So far, so good.

Now, how do I use the new track? Can't load track, doesn't show on track list.

going to "Drive" shows timer screen but can't see any reference to what track
is currently loaded. Am I missing something on the timer screen. Should not the timer
screen have some reference to what track is the current track?

So....

How do I load a new track I made?

Once on the timer screen how do I tell what track is the current running track?

Also... In the docs it says timer screen has like 3 different views, I can't seem to find
anyway to change it. Does the Android version have more than 1 screen? If so how to
you change it.

TIA
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: newbie - lost on a couple of points

Post by Harry »

1. You can see tracks loaded in Lap List. For each section showing a first row with "User Track Set" or "Certified Track Set", a track definition is available. LapTimer has no concept of a selected track set for automatic operation. This means you can load a couple of tracks and add your own. Now, once you cross any trigger of any track set, it will automatically store the lap to this section in Lap List or better - track. For manual recordings (if enabled), you can select the track you want this recordings to go to by selecting it in Status (see e.g. Timer options menu).
  2. To switch between the different Timer views a) make sure you have v18.3.x (or later) installed. Select between Lap / Gap / Sector from the drop down list in the large digits gadget. To zoom the large digits gadget to an even larger display, tap it.
- Harry
Image Image Image Image
piken2
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by piken2 »

Harry wrote:
  1. You can see tracks loaded in Lap List. For each section showing a first row with "User Track Set" or "Certified Track Set", a track definition is available. LapTimer has no concept of a selected track set for automatic operation. This means you can load a couple of tracks and add your own. Now, once you cross any trigger of any track set, it will automatically store the lap to this section in Lap List or better - track. For manual recordings (if enabled), you can select the track you want this recordings to go to by selecting it in Status (see e.g. Timer options menu).
    - Harry
Yep... got it sorted. Just didn't realize the software was so "smart"

Picks track by proximity. Like the directions say, just click on "Drive" and go.

Also seems I can click on the little wrench in the timer view and shows
what track it is currently picking.
Harry wrote:
[*]To switch between the different Timer views a) make sure you have v18.3.x (or later) installed. Select between Lap / Gap / Sector from the drop down list in the large digits gadget. To zoom the large digits gadget to an even larger display, tap it.[/list]

- Harry
Got it. Larger digits only work in Landscape.

Getting most of it figured out... got the BT GPS going, couple of test runs to work and back.

Exported data to google maps.
Maybe try race tools next.
Then test a little video.

Have a track day coming in a couple of weeks and
can't wait to give it go.

Very nice app and very pleased so far.

Cheers
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Just one item: I said "Status" - that the wording in v19, the current version has the small wrench. Please keep in mind this is relevant for manual recording (i.e. without triggers) only.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image