Lap data transfer to PC

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
boxster313
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Lap data transfer to PC

Post by boxster313 »

How do you transfer lap date to a windows PC? Also would like to transfer video to PC. Are there some programs that I must download to PC to make this work?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Lap data transfer to PC

Post by Harry »

To transfer data to your desktop, select any lap from Lap List, and select Export (Android in the options menu, iOS in the bottom of the lap details view). Touch any of the formats available to learn how they can be viewed on a desktop computer. Extend the export range from lap to session, track day, track as required and either send the export by mail or add it to Dropbox.

For overlaid video export - in iOS they are stored in the Photo app (and can be copied / distributed from here), and for Android they go the SD card.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
the_jeby
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by the_jeby »

Harry wrote:To transfer data to your desktop, select any lap from Lap List, and select Export (Android in the options menu, iOS in the bottom of the lap details view). Touch any of the formats available to learn how they can be viewed on a desktop computer. Extend the export range from lap to session, track day, track as required and either send the export by mail or add it to Dropbox.

For overlaid video export - in iOS they are stored in the Photo app (and can be copied / distributed from here), and for Android they go the SD card.

- Harry
Will all the data be exported? Including OBD2 and accelerations? Will these data easily readable by other application? Thanks
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Depends on the format. .hlptrl and .csv are complete. LapTimer exports for each format what is possible, but not all formats cover the full breadth of LapTimer information.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Densmore
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Densmore »

I cannot seem to transfer video or laps. Trying to transfer video from phone to computer. File to large to allow to transport. Try to transfer lap and each time it says lap timer has stopped working.

How can I transfer? Android Galaxy s5 to windows based computer.

Also I purchased program, separate camera, separate, gps, separate data doohick for obd2 port. Will use next event. However issue I notice first track day was this does not allow you to view at a quick glance how to improve current lap. You can review after its done but a simple screen that can compare current position and time to best position and time. Thanks for the help.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

I assume you are talking about the transfer of overlaid videos to your PC, not actual lap data? Start with having a look into Video Documentation available from www.gps-laptimer.de/documentation. It introduces file management as used by LapTimer. While in Video Details (from Video List) you will find a distribute button, you may try this one too.

LapTimer comes with various options to analyse data, both real time and after the fact. For information on real time analysis, have a look into https://www.facebook.com/pg/HarrysLapTi ... 2997632150. For information on after the fact analysis, have a look into the Train the Trainer document (see documentation link above).

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Densmore
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Densmore »

Thank you Harry. Great to have the support. I will look at both.
Best
Allan