Trying to sync up video from auto-x and having issues

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
Blue03Si
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Trying to sync up video from auto-x and having issues

Post by Blue03Si »

Hi! I did my first autocross with Harry's LapTimer over the weekend and am still trying to figure out the best way to sync the data log data to video from my Contour Roam2 camera. I had the app set to start the time when i went over the starting line and stop it when i go over the finish, but from in car video its hard to tell when you cross either line. The local SCCA has it setup where you stage at a flagger and then you get a running start from there and cross the start line further down. Is there a way to start data logging manually when i get to the flagger and just have the timer start/stop when i cross the starting and finishing lines? I'm thinking that will be easier to sync up because i can use the movement of the vehicle as a sync point instead of trying to figure out when it crossed a line. Any input from others in a similar situation is appreciated!
lostpilot28
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Re: Trying to sync up video from auto-x and having issues

Post by lostpilot28 »

I'm curious about this, too...did you ever get an answer on how to fix this?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Trying to sync up video from auto-x and having issues

Post by Harry »

Please use the manual alignment as described in Video Documentation available from www.gps-laptimer.de/documentation. With v20 you get the real time overlay by pressing Play in Lap Details. In case the sync is not fine, touch the video preview in Lap Details and adjust the sync point shown in the bottom of Video Details. Watch the overlay and repeat in case it is necessary.

Harry
Image Image Image Image