iCloud video transfer

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
devenh
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

iCloud video transfer

Post by devenh »

I have an iPhone 6 with the latest GP edition and an iPhone 4s with the latest Multicam edition. Both are iOS 8.1.2. It appears that the 4s has sent the videos to iCloud as I can see from both the 4s and 6 three videos listed in iOS > Setting > iCloud > Storage > Manage Storage > Documents & Data > Harry's LapTimer Rookie > Documents & Data. But in the iPhone 6 HLT > Video List > Multicam iCloud is empty. I've read the Troubleshooting section of the Video pdf, but that hasn't helped.

On the iPhone 6, if I go to HLT > Lap List and select a lap I want to overlay, is says PIP is offline. When I tap the ? it suggests reconnecting your multicam device. Not sure what this means.

Deven
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: iCloud video transfer

Post by Harry »

Have you enabled iCloud Drive on your iPh6? I need to investigate that problem but there has been another report on problems like this here on the forum...

Harry
Image Image Image Image
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Just to clarify: I have not enabled iCloud Drive on my test devices so far - maybe the old mechanism doesn't work with Drive any more...

Harry
Image Image Image Image
devenh
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by devenh »

Yes, iCloud Drive is enabled on the 6. There are a list of iCloud Drive apps and LapTimer and MultiCam are ON.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

devenh wrote:Yes, iCloud Drive is enabled on the 6. There are a list of iCloud Drive apps and LapTimer and MultiCam are ON.
LapTimer does not use iCloud Drive but the now old iCloud document folders... I will try to reproduce this, but please give some time for it. You may transfer the videos using iFunbox or iBrowse and copy them from the MultiCam app to your desktop and to LapTimer from here.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
devenh
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by devenh »

Since I can't use the three remote videos stored in the cloud (visible here at iOS > Setting > iCloud > Storage > Manage Storage > Documents & Data > Harry's LapTimer Rookie > Documents & Data), how can I delete them to free up some space? The videos don't show up anywhere within HLT to MultiCam.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

In MultiCam, select the videos for the list and transfer them to camera roll. From here, you can use iTunes at al to transfer the video. The videos should get deleted from the cloud during this operation.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
devenh
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by devenh »

Sorry, had a typo in my previous post. Should have read "The videos don't show up anywhere within HLT or MultiCam." So the videos don't show up on the MultiCam.

I did notice when I originally recorded the video that my 4s was logged into my iCloud event using my primary email address while my 6 was logged in with my me.com email address (my iCloud account has three email addresses associated with it: the primary, @icloud.com, and @me.com). I wouldn't think it would matter which email address I used to connect to iCloud, but I thought it was worth testing. So I logged out of iCloud on the 4s and logged back in using the same email address as on the 6. This didn't change anything except that now on the 4s in MultiCam the videos were no longer listed. I have since switched back the the primary email address on the 4s and still no videos are listed in MultiCam.

While not visible in HLT or MultiCam, the videos are visible from both phones under iOS > Setting > iCloud > Storage > Manage Storage > Documents & Data > Harry's LapTimer Rookie > Documents & Data.

Also, when things are working, does the remote iPhone need to have iCloud Backup enabled? I'd like to turn this off as there is nothing on my 4s that is worth backing up and right now it is just wasting my iCloud space.

Devem
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Frankly, I can't answer that yet. The whole topic has changed with iCloud Drive. I tend to drop the whole cloud support for video altogether and replace it by a peer 2 peer transfer via WiFi...

Harry
Image Image Image Image
devenh
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by devenh »

Okay, I figured out how to delete the iCloud HLT files:

Go to Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup > Manage Storage.
In the Documents & Data section, tap the name of the application.
Tap Edit, then tap the red circle that appears next to the file.
Tap Delete or Delete All, then tap Delete or Delete All again to confirm that you want to delete the files.