two questions, usuing laptimer abroad and overlay/video prob

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
cbr1000rr
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

two questions, usuing laptimer abroad and overlay/video prob

Post by cbr1000rr »

hi there

Just a quick question, Im going to do some track days in spain from the UK and was wondering if I will get charged loads to use location services and ultimately harrys lap timer when abroad? Does it require a 3g signal or purely location services? If I purchased the tom tom mount and sensor would that mean i wouldnt need to use my phones location services?
just a bit worried about getting a massive phone bill when im back, would using a spanish sim card be a better option?

second question, my video footage from a recent track day had the track overlay when filming but not when it was exported to my gallery. Now the video logo has gone from my lap list and im unable to view the videos from the lap timer, only in my gallery. Does anyone know why this is?

many thanks, and have to say this is easily the best app available, it actually justifys having this iphone

dan
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: two questions, usuing laptimer abroad and overlay/video

Post by Harry »

Hi,

In case you allow LapTimer to access the internet in Spain, there will be roaming cost. As long as you turn data roaming off (which is the default), neither LapTimer nor any other app will be able to access data services and generate costs. Location Service does not generate cost and work both in UK and abroad. While a TomTom is connected, Location Services are not used.

Please make sure you load your track set while you are in your home net. You will not be able to load new tracks as long as data roaming is turned off.

#2: The link between the Lap and the Photo library seems to be broken. You can re-assign by pressing 'Edit' in Lap Details. Press the 'Add Video' row to select any of the videos from the Photo library.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
cbr1000rr
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: two questions, usuing laptimer abroad and overlay/video

Post by cbr1000rr »

Harry ,
Many thanks for that, the people in the phone shop were so vague about the costs!
Don't seem to have the overlay button now I've restored the video link. I will try this again at the weekend!
Thanks again