Using exported data

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
Toxic Coolaid
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Using exported data

Post by Toxic Coolaid »

I've just gotten Lap Timer Pro and I'm going to a track day on the 17th and 18th. Will the battery on the iphone 4 make it for the 20 min session? I'm reading and trying to take in all the instructions. I've searched and can't seem to find what to do with data that I export via e-mail. What programs do you use to view the data? And what seems to be the most popular programs? Also I'll be using a GoPro HD to shoot video, so can I merge the data and video? How do I do that on my laptop. Thank you for the help. And this has to be the greatest app I have ever seen! Also I want to set up a "track" for US421 and since we have what we call the Bristol side and the Mt City side what is the best way to set up the track or tracks? Will I need 4 tracks? one for each side, ans in each direction for both sides? Thanks again!

Toxic Coolaid
bulls23
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: Using exported data

Post by bulls23 »

- The 20 min shouldn't be a problem
- I don't use any special programs to views the data. KML is really nice in Google Earth, CSV can be imported in many programs such as Excel, HLPTRL is the Laptimer format for backups or sharing with other laptimer users, the PDF export gives you something similar to the Google Earth view and the TrackVision and DashWare CSV are for overlaying your external video.
- Yes you can use the data from Laptimer to overlay your GoPro Videos. Look for TrackVision and DashWare.These are Windows programs for overlaying videos (personally I prefer DashWare).
- Here is a how to on track sets: http://www.gps-laptimer.de/Tracks.html.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hi,

On battery life: This weekend, I got >4h battery life with LapTimer Pro constantly displaying in foreground. I had screen brightness at approximately 75%, and approximately half of the time an OBD wifi devices connected. All on an iPhone4.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Toxic Coolaid
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Toxic Coolaid »

great! Thank you. I've actually hard wired an iphone charger on my R6 so I won't have to worry about power. I've been experimenting with lap timer a lot so I don't make a mistake and miss a session.