LapTimer usage while off network

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
coachmk21
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

LapTimer usage while off network

Post by coachmk21 »

I currently have an iPhone 4S 16GB, but will be switching to a Galaxy S5 within the next couple days. I see I can get a 30% transfer discount, which is nice. Thank you. Last week I used my Grand Prix LapTimer and recorded the video on my iPhone as well as on a GoPro 3 white. I just read today that I should have recorded in SD mode and then deleted the video so I could have done that with every session, instead of just the one 40 minute session I could hold on my phone.

I still have more data with LapTimer that I would like to overlay. I have 2 questions:

1- Can I use the overlay function with the iPhone video while not connected to a network?

2- Will I be able to import the GoPro video and overlay with the 1 session I recorded on the iPhone while off network?

Thanks.

Mark
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: LapTimer usage while off network

Post by Harry »

1 - yes, overlaying does not require network access
2 - there is no way to do a device 2 device transfer iPhone / GoPro. However, if you have a laptop available, you can transfer the data using a SD card slot, and either iTunes or iBrowse to sync the video to the Photo app (iTunes) or by placing the video directly into LapTimer's Documents folder (iBrowse).

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
bulls23
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by bulls23 »

Harry wrote:2 - there is no way to do a device 2 device transfer iPhone / GoPro. However, if you have a laptop available, you can transfer the data using a SD card slot, and either iTunes or iBrowse to sync the video to the Photo app (iTunes) or by placing the video directly into LapTimer's Documents folder (iBrowse).

- Harry
Don't have a Gopro, but recently a friend told me how easy he transfered the video to the iPad for overlaying by using the Gopro App:

http://shop.gopro.com/EMEA/softwareanda ... o-App.html

Check under "compatibility", it depends on the video mode used if the copying will work or not.
coachmk21
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by coachmk21 »

Harry wrote:1 - yes, overlaying does not require network access
2 - there is no way to do a device 2 device transfer iPhone / GoPro. However, if you have a laptop available, you can transfer the data using a SD card slot, and either iTunes or iBrowse to sync the video to the Photo app (iTunes) or by placing the video directly into LapTimer's Documents folder (iBrowse).

- Harry
Thanks Harry. Now I can go get the new phone, delete everything except LapTimer and the GoPro app and finish what I want.
xps911
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by xps911 »

bulls23 wrote:
Harry wrote:2 - there is no way to do a device 2 device transfer iPhone / GoPro. However, if you have a laptop available, you can transfer the data using a SD card slot, and either iTunes or iBrowse to sync the video to the Photo app (iTunes) or by placing the video directly into LapTimer's Documents folder (iBrowse).

- Harry
Don't have a Gopro, but recently a friend told me how easy he transfered the video to the iPad for overlaying by using the Gopro App:

http://shop.gopro.com/EMEA/softwareanda ... o-App.html

Check under "compatibility", it depends on the video mode used if the copying will work or not.
fine for low res videos, but times out a lot on hi-res - not worth it imo
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by gplracerx »

The nice thing about the GoPro app is that it does format conversion too. However, that's probably also why it's slow.